Staff members can submit a story for the District Spotlight..
Shady Oaks Elementary had wonderful celebrations each day of Red Ribbon Week, planned by counselor Helen Schlee:
- "RED-Y to Be Drug Free" - wear lots of red,
- "Put a Cap on Drugs" - wear your favorite hat,
- "Give Drugs the Boot!" - wear boots or western wear,
- "You've Got Character!" - dress up as your favorite storybook character,
- and "Your future is key: Let's Team Up against drugs. Stay drug free to be what you want to be!" Students wear clothing of their favorite sports team. Coach Creel also planned our terrific T.E.A.M. Day (Together Everyone Achieves More) for that day.
Our administrators and office staff chose Gerald McDermott's Caldecott award-winning book, Anansi the Spider: a tale from the Ashanti, as their favorite storybook. Nurse Maria created amazing, creative costumes for all of the characters in the book!