News & Announcements
The Board of Trustees approved the 2019 – 2020 School Calendar at their meeting on December 10, 2018.
The state of Texas mandates students attend school for 75,600 instructional minutes. While accomplishing that goal, the calendar must also accommodate numerous other logistical requirements, including:
- Graduation date reservations, which are set years in advance to secure the location
- Approximate balancing of the number of days in each trimester and semester
- Early release days for end of semesters/trimesters
- State-mandated changes to professional development day requirements for staff
- Additional input and suggestions from previous years' calendars, such as planning a professional development day during an election polling day so students aren't in a building while voters are present.
You can share your feedback with us through this online form: Suggestions for Future HEB ISD Calendars